Storm ID is a top digital agency in Edinburgh and we’re on the lookout for a talented Digital Designer to join our Creative Team.
About Storm ID
Working with big names and creating web and mobile applications, Storm ID is on the lookout for a proven Digital Designer to extend our capabilities in delivering rich and engaging user experiences.
You will get support from management to let you focus on what you do best; access to a wide variety of interesting and high profile projects; and a chance to develop your skills from the moment you step inside the building.
The role is perfect for an experienced creative Digital Designer looking to work in a forward thinking, fast moving digital agency.
You’ll already have a good understanding of how brands work in the digital landscape and you will have been tried and tested already having worked in a digital agency with experience of working with other digital designers, front end developers as well as project and account management types!
You will be involved in creating concepts, developing designs and articulating what you’re proposing. You will be the kind of person who has the ability to look at the big picture as well as close detail work. You will be ready to both give and receive constructive feedback on your work and ideas.
You will eat, sleep and live everything digital. You will be passionate about digital design but you’ll also know what we mean when we gossip about Mrs Eaves, Jan Tschichold and Wim Crouwel!
Oh, and your portfolio should be worth shouting about.
- You will be an ideas machine!
- Creating concepts from brief and undertaking design development
- Ability to initiate creative output
- Proficient in working with CMS solutions including Umbraco
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
- Creating semantic, standards-compliant XHTML/HTML including HTML5
Would be an advantage:
- Mad passionate about improving conversion
- Experience of content first
- Interest and experience in design for mobile development
- Cross-browser compatibility
- Proficient with MS Visual Studio
- WCAG 2.0 AA
- An understanding of the importance of SEO
- A belief in user centred design
- A good eye for design and close attention to detail
- Can accurately estimate time requirements and work fast, under pressure
- Experience of working closely with front end developers, designers and programmers
What You’ll Get
Not only will you have all the things you’d expect from a top agency: powerful tools to do your job, paid training, great coffee, free fruit and massages, the best table tennis in Edinburgh and excellent work mates, you’ll also receive:
- Salary commensurate with experience, £30k – £35k
- 33 days holiday (incl. 8 bank holidays)
- Profit Related Pay *
- BUPA *
- Salary increase in line with the Average Earnings Index whenever Storm ID is in profit*
- Access to a non-contributory Stakeholder Pension **
- Eye Care Scheme **
- Child Care Scheme **
* After 1 year’s employment
** After 3 months employment